Car Accident Attorney
Grand Rapids, Michigan Auto Accident Lawyer
Hundreds of auto accidents occur each year on the roads and highways of Western Michigan. Although some "fender bender" accidents may cause only minimal damage to cars and people, more serious car crashes can render a healthy person paralyzed or disabled for life. Personal injury claims involving motor vehicle accidents seek damages for injuries and the loss of property caused by the "at-fault" driver or the owner of the "at-fault" vehicle.
At Bleakley Law Offices, P.C., our attorneys represent clients in personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from car accidents. We strive to protect our clients' right to full financial recovery. Contact our Muskegon law firm to discuss your case with an experienced auto accident attorney.
Auto Accident Attorneys you can Trust
It can be difficult to know who you can trust following a serious car wreck. Some insurance companies are quick to offer settlements for far less than you are entitled. Other insurance companies may attempt to elicit statements from you in an attempt to deflect liability. Our attorneys can help you understand your rights and how to move forward. We are experienced in handling all types of car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents, such as:
- Head-on and rear-end collisions
- Rollover accidents, including SUV rollovers
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Fatal car crashes
- Snowmobile and ATV accidents
- Other motor vehicle accidents
What to do when you are involved in an Automobile Accident
If you are involved in an auto accident, you should take the following steps to protect your legal rights:
- Call the police to the scene to investigate the accident. Police reports are generally very important in determining who is at fault in an accident. Additionally, the police investigation can provide important information, including the identity of witnesses, measurements and visual observations taken close in time to the accident. Many states make it a legal requirement to report any motor vehicle accident to the police, no matter how minor it may initially seem.
- Exchange information with the person(s) in the other vehicle(s), including: name, address, phone number, all insurance information, driver's license number, information on their owner's card and the vehicle's tag number.
- If you have AAA or belong to another automobile club, call them to arrange towing. Otherwise, call an independent towing organization. Some tow truck drivers have scanners and show up at accident sites trying to convince you to let them tow your vehicle to their body shop. Beware that some (not all) of these body shops charge a storage fee of as much as $25.00 a day just for keeping your car on their property, only waiving the fee if you allow that shop to do the body work on your vehicle.
- If you are injured, seek immediate medical treatment.
- Consult us toll free at 1-877- 544-3733 regarding the applicable time limits and whether "notice" is required before filing a claim.
- You are not required to give or make any statement regarding the accident. Please contact our offices before providing such a statement.
To learn more about car accident injuries, please visit our Auto Accidents Center.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury, such as a spinal cord injury, head injury or back injury in a car accident, we can help you pursue compensation for your injuries. Likewise, if you have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, we can help you obtain compensation for your loss. Contact us at 1-877-544-3733 to schedule a consultation with an experienced auto accident attorney.